What to Bring
Along with your dog, please bring:
- Vaccine Records: New clients will need to bring or email a copy of their most recent vaccination records. If you're a returning client and your dog has recently been to the vet for vaccines please bring in your updated copy.
- Dog Food: Please bring your dog's food along with you. We recommend always sending an extra meal or two in case your trip is delayed. We are able to freeze and refrigerate food for those who use canned or raw food.
- Leash & Collar: All dogs must be wearing a leash and collar when they arrive. Please make sure your dog is leashed from the time they exit your vehicle and until they are handed off to one of to someone at the Pemerton Dog Ranch.
- Personal Items: Please bring along any items you wish for your dog to have in their personal area. Dog beds, bones, toys etc. These items are optional.
- Medications: Please bring along any medication your dog may need while they are here. We will go over the instructions at the time of drop off. We do not charge extra for administering medication.
Pemberton Dog Ranch will supply your dogs food dishes and water bowls. We supply Kuranda beds but please feel free to bring a familiar clean bed or blanket to make your loved one feel more at home. Personal items such as beds, blankets, toys etc will be accepted however we cannot take responsibility for loss or damage to these items.
Any medications that your pet requires (and that you provide) will be administered as per your instructions at no extra cost. We are very capable of handling insulin injections for your diabetic dog, doing dressing changes, removing stitches from a recent spay or neuter, massaging those stiff hips, or cleaning eyes and ears. Don’t be afraid to ask. Your pet’s health and comfort are our main concern!
If a problem arises that may require veterinary attention, we will consult with the excellent team at Pemberton Veterinary Hospital, and take appropriate action.
The health & safety of your pet is our #1 priority. Your dog will be interacting outside and possibly sleeping near many other dogs in the same building, and vaccinations are proven to prevent any issues. That’s why we insist your pup is up to date!
- Current Rabies (1 or 3 year vaccination)
- DHLPP (Distemper, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza) Titre tests are acceptable for parvo/distemper within the last year
- We highly recommend Bordetella and a flea control (eg.Revolution/Advantix)
We prefer all dogs to be spayed/neutered. Intact males and non spayed females will be accepted on a case by case basis and may incur an additional fee.
- A completed application and service agreement (link)that includes information about allergies, diet requirements, habits, and vet contact details.
- To ensure the safety of the other dogs and our team, Pemberton Dog Ranch cannot take dogs with aggression issues for boarding.